8.15.2009

In Sickness and in Health

So this past week I have been out of sorts, un-motivated, tired. I was also having some intestinal weirdness that was sort of like the monthly cycle but at really the wrong part of the month and sort of like I ate something that was off except I didn't... Some emotional stuff was going on also, I get really tired of the Friday evening that my husband likes to partake in, unless I go partake in it with him I am left to my own devices and it was starting to hurt my feelings even though I know I should just enjoy my alone time when I can get it. Then Saturday dawns with me feeling under the gun. I've got a transcription that needs doing and until it is done I am going to be a ball of stress about it. I also had a lesson on the docket and a gig at Borders. I was just about to sit down and start to work on the transcription when the doorbell rang and there was John's charge for the day, he had offered to watch his buddy's daughter and there she was. All of a sudden I was rethinking the transcription. How in the heck would I be able to hear and concentrate with 3 little girls doing their little girl thing? Not.

So I went to the bathroom and was attacked by a kidney stone. It was as if the universe said to me, ha ha you just think you have something to do today! Not! And really, they can last for more than a day or two, which is terrifying to envision from that moment of first attack.

I am becoming an old pro at ejecting things from myself at this point. Assume cow position and moo.

Meanwhile, John had acquired one of those crazy Oxycontin pills which I proceeded to take out of fear for the future, I am not sure if it did me any good or not, I think the stone had passed already but I got a nice nap out of it all. And than I got to be wackered out all day but really, I had a bunch of stuff to do! I noticed when the pill started to wear off, too and I am not at all surprised to learn that they are incredibly addictive. Yes, yes they are.

I had another small stone today and I took something else. Ibuprofen or something.

ugh

No comments: