8.22.2008

Friday

Look Ma! I made the Marquee! This week I have learned that if I'm not having fun then it's not worth doing. I was soooooooo nervous for this show, and usually when one is nervous the best bet is to practice a LOT. But I couldn't practice at all, because I had to drive all over the world to get the babysitting worked out. Let me re-phrase that. I chose to invite my in-laws to the gig, which meant that I had to take the girls to my folks house. Then my in-laws decided not to come, I guess, which means that I could have spent the afternoon practicing for the gig rather than driving, had I known, but I didn't and I'm a little bent about it but the cards have told me that I'm a big whiner and to get over it so I shall. Anyway, this gig felt different from the get go, like these folks knew the charts better than we did and would know just how much faking goes on. At the time I was very paralyzed by that concept. Further complicating the matter (for me) our lovely drummer failed to show, so the house drummer sat in with us. He's really good, and stuff, and it was very enlightening to play with him, but it wasn't helping my nervous issues any to have to wonder about what was going on over there.

Ya ya ya

No comments: