8.26.2008

making stuff

So I've been going gung ho on these socks, to the detriment of my many other things I should be doing. But they're going to be really super fancy socks...

The last gig of the season for my big band is this Thursday. At least it's a 2 hour throwdown of everything we've been doing, and after my magnificent nerves of last time I'm going to get some practicing in tomorrow and I pretty much get to play most of the day Thursday too so I think I'll be good to go. I'm still sporadically working on Rubber Soul, what a great album. I really need to haul the cello out and start getting ready for this wedding.

Let's see, other things I need to make, ooh, I ordered up a sock monkey kit. I'm sure part of the reason I'm busting my tail on these socks is because I need to clear off the needles so I can start on the monkey. Um, yeah.

What else can I babble on about?

I need to make my yoga practice harder, what I really need to do is to put this one in the morning first thing when I get up so ungodly early and then just add another one in the usual spot.

time to go

2 comments:

mermaid queen said...

I wanna hear your band!

The yoga mat is awesome, she is thrilled :) You should post a photo of the fancy socks... I was thinking I should ship my spinning wheel out here from NH and see if I can resurrect my abilities to use it. Then I could spin yarn for you to knit....

Unknown said...

I'm not posting a pic of the fancy socks until they're done and delivered. hint hint.

Don't tease me with the spinning...

they made a recording last week at Hackney's, I'll see if I can get it.