12.21.2008

Hooray Hooray! Happy Solstice Today! Hooray Hooray

So I've been a little nervous to mention to John the probability of me doing a lot more of this upcoming phish tour than he will probably choose to do, but I did it and he's down as of now. I told him I was taking the kids with me and he didn't seem to mind a bit. Of course he hasn't had to buy me any tickets yet either... But he wants to do a little stretch sans kids which is also fine by me so that's what I'm thinking about today.

summer tour

yeah.

Because today it is currently -3. It is only supposed to get up to 4 but it won't feel like that because the 40 mph winds are going to make it feel -30. Yay!!

Those poor smokers are gonna be cold, maybe we'll turn the heater on in the garage for them. John was going to grill one of the sausages, too...

Here is his clever invitation:

The theme for the pagan party has been decided based on the following information.

In 320 AD the Roman Emperor Constantinus I and the Catholic Church banned sausage eating because of links to pagan festivals! This led to sausages going underground until the ban was lifted.

That's right, it's a Sausage Fest. There will also be a special guest appearance by former pagan party king Matt Czahor. The date is Sunday, 12/21, at around 4:00 at my house. I am going to make several different types of sausages but I haven't decided what they will be yet. I do know that there will be at least 1 veggie "sausage" (I know, I know, it's not really sausage if there's no meat) If you have any sausages that you would like to bring, please do so. Also, if anyone can make up some side dishes I would appreciate it.

over and out

No comments: