12.03.2008

Toad

This past week has settled into my midsection in a way that makes me feel like a toad. Also, why is it a big surprise to my husband that when he ditches the family unannounced for an evening it can make me severely cranky? Why is this news? Yesterday he calls me, after I had already dropped Abbey off at scouts to tell me that he wouldn't be home in time for me to go get her. I had already told Ashley's mom (who by the way cannot drive currently because she got caught driving Ashley without a car seat) that I could bring her home. So I had to drop Ella off at Mimi's, pick up Abbey and Ashley, drop Ashley off, go get Ella and then come home. Then when I get home I am told that he's off on some other adventure. Why not wait a half hour? i said, in a half hour it is bedtime and you could tuck your children in since you have not seen them all day. oh no, he had to go right then 1/2 hour before bedtime. So this morning there is some business to take care of. When there is business from Abbey's school I always leave it either in his in box or somewhere else obvious but unless I specifically draw his attention to it he either just throws it out without looking at it or yells about why did I leave this stuff out. so you'd look at it, that's why. So we're not quite half way into year 1 of the 26 years of combined schooling our girls will have before they graduate high school and I am not counting pre-school, so here we are, half way through the year and the habits that are forming are not conducive to me getting my work in every day. This will have to change. Maybe when they are both in school all day maybe then I will be able to get stuff done during the day but currently I need to have some time in the evening. Pretty much every day would be nice. So this business really pissed me off. It was as if the conversations that I remember having hadn't happened and it was as if the envelope had not been sitting out on the table for a week.



yeah.

No comments: