11.17.2008

monday monday la laaaa la laaaaa

it snowed.

there is snow in my yard.

I am actually happy about that because maybe now it will just be winter and not this weird going back and forth thing that seems to make me feel yucky.

today I think I will start learning how to make french bread. I do not think there is much to do day 1 but I think I will do it and then I will know.

I have been a knitting fool and now I need to be a going to the post office fool because I cannot finish these socks until I know if they will fit. They are TINY and must go to the smallest footed person that I know, but if they are indeed too tiny even for her then I must frog and re-do.

But oh yes, the knitting, I spent too much on the yarn for the hat but it was soooo nice to work with and has knitted up just as nice. yay for non itchy wool. the mitten wool on the other hand is giving me a rash to work with but I'm hoping that it will relax a little. It still has chunks of leaves from the dye in it and stuff, which is nice too but rather the opposite of the other hand spun and dyed stuff.

Oh, and my new strings!!! Also well worth the spendy because they are so smooth and slidey. Since John's from homeing it I can definitely practice first thing, and then start the bread...

I have realized that I can really like this time of year as long as I don't feel like I have to do anything. As long as I can somehow make myself want to do it I'm ok...

we'll see

1 comment:

mermaid queen said...

um... it's thursday. don't tell me you've caught my posting allergy...