11.12.2008

practicing

is back on track. My new bass strings are coming in the mail woohoo. Finally got some new rosin for the ole cello bow and that has made a big difference. Now I have to find a good chair. I'm so annoyed that I didn't just save the dog chair from the olden days because it's the perfect height, but I didn't. I did something stupid and bought organic hand dyed yarn from the crafters. These will be the most expensive hats and gloves ever. Unless for some reason it's an endless supply or something, we'll see just how many mittens and hats I can make from 220 grams of yarn. I love etsy, though.

So John tells me the other day, and maybe he was asking? I don't think so. He tells me that now is a good time to buy stocks and that we should consider investing. As in, he's already picked out the stocks and is ready to write the check or something. So I say, oh, well, then maybe a little kick down for the bass fund is in order? And oh yeah, remember how we were going to fund a retirement account for me? yeah. And then he says, you have to pick one or the other! Yeah!

Everybody is on to round 2 of cold season 2008. I am just now de-snotted but both girls are in the throes. I think it needs to just get cold already, this late summer summer can kiss my ass, I'd much prefer it in March. or even April.

Ooooh, and I'm reading a terrible vampire book but I must finish it today. it's really bad but in that good way. I got it just to kick start the reading and it has worked like a charm.

Let's see... I need to just go to a stinkin yoga class but I can't seem to get there, but I keep practicing at home and stuff I'm just pretty sure that I'm doing some whacky alignment things to compensate for my knees, which have gotten a lot better but are still, well, not like they were before.

ya

2 comments:

mermaid queen said...

why can't you buy the stocks in a Roth IRA for you? Then he can buy stocks, and you can have a retirement account. And obviously a bass. And again, why is it up to him how your household income is allotted? Why does he think he can be, as our friend GW says, THE DECIDER?

i don't know friend. seems like being financially trapped into dependence by your husband is something you should say enough is enough to. in my (humble?) opinion.

love you.

Unknown said...

Well it's gotta happen sooner than later because we're only getting further and further away from the abject poverty we were existing in before. And he can only deny me for so long because I've begun to discuss it in front of our families also, who also all have retirement accounts.

Hey go on facebook and play phish lot with me!