6.29.2010

 5 of wands reversed, ace of wands and the 6 of swords.  The horoscope warned of irritation today and of direct action stemming from it being the only solution.  Last October or so I accepted an invitation to play a jam which is now almost exactly a month away.  It is too late for me to un accept this invitation.  I am not the sort of person who gives her word that I will be somewhere to play and then even considers backing out of that agreement for any reason short of illness or death.  It has been awhile now, since I turned my back on the green and accepted and declined invitations based on their musical worth alone and this gig is worth it's weight in gold on that front.  So I am not at all inclined to skip it and most certainly not because of poor financial planning.  This expense has been on the docket for several many months and I would have booked the room back in April had I had the liquidity for such an endeavor.  So I booked it this morning.  1 person non refundable.  I am going to play this fucking gig by my fucking self thank you very much because last evening while I was running late and out the door I was told that we cannot afford to book this room and that I would be expected to cancel out and not go.  It is at times like these when I wonder what the dollar amount of my husband's love affair with the alcohol molecule costs us daily?  weekly?  monthly?  yearly?  The costs can be measured in green money or they can be measured in the less definable units of respect. 

No comments: