1.24.2010

Magician reversed (mystery, secrets, wisdom, knowledge.  The unrevealed future.  Intuition.  Retreat, retirement, sanctuary, withdrawal, meditation.  Silence, discretion, modesty, prudence, peace.  Learning, education.  Memory.  The female querent or one who interests the querent.)  Empress (Fertility, fruitfulness, wealth.  Mother, sister, wife.  Marriage.  Loyalty, idealism.  Elegance, charm, courtesy.  Sociability.  Action, plan, undertaking.  Action, movement, progress.  Obscurity, clandestine, the unknown.  Symbol, figure, image, allegory.)

All good advice to keep in mind any old day, and especially a day like today that is expected to contain all of the extremes.  I get to spend the afternoon dealing with the person whom I find most irritating in all of the world, but my plan of attack is to try and really sit with just how it feels to be so incredibly irritated and of course to remain completely dis-engaged in all ways from her and her prattle, so I am rather looking forward to this experiment.  And then later I hopefully get to see one of my favorite folks in the whole world who I do not get to see nearly enough and I am very excited about that.  weeeeee.

Today's spell is familiar, I cast it accidentally yesterday.  I was on my way to my lesson but I was just too early, so I stopped off for a coffee where I was also unable to turn down the donut which I am trying to have less of in my life, but I could not and it was so delicious that I had a moment of savory bliss about how lucky and blessed any life is who has donuts and coffee.  And the spell today is to the God Ekeko, who is celebrated in Bolivia with coffee and pastry.  

No comments: