9.13.2008

early

Why am I always up so early?

So I just answered an ad on Craig's list looking for a bassist. what will happen?

Was told by my husband yesterday that I did not in fact buy my bass with my retirement fund from TTX, but that he bought it. I do not remember this and I want to see the receipt. Was also told that I bought it while we lived in Roscoe Village, but I remember playing it in the 90's? Am I delusional?

Perhaps I was playing the fender in the 90's? When were the She shows? Didn't I play the Alembic on those? I remember using my grandma's money to pay for computer school and then using the retirement fundage to buy the bass...

Still waiting to get the electric upright funding secured. Was told that I can't have funding until I figure out which bass I want, but I need to have at least the promise of funding before I find the sitter and trek out for shopping, I mean, it's sort of a huge deal for me and is not something that I can just turn off and on.

I just wish that I had married someone who was gung ho ME. Isn't that supposed to be how it works?

Meanwhile my MIL has been diagnosed with hip dysplasia, but was told by her doc that she shouldn't do yoga, but that she should stretch and strengthen. um. yeah.

yuck

2 comments:

mermaid queen said...

you have had that bass as long as I have known you. you had it when I met you in 1999. you were also still working at TTX then. and you and john were not even living together then, and you were independently supporting yourself and buying your own stuff.

can you hear me screaming from way out here?

Unknown said...

I knew it! I think he may have paid off the card I used or something...