9.24.2008

Today is somebody's birthday


happy birthday Matt

I'm proud of myself, I called Ashley's mom and invited her over on Thursday after school. Now I need to get all brownie scouts and find something fun for us all to do. I also finally re-connected with Kristin from story time and met up with her crew at the park. Turns out one of them is my across the street neighbor and gave me some info about the previous owners of this house, nothing surprising or even that interesting, she had to come over and bust them for partying on the porch all the time. But she hasn't heard the bass blasting from us. YET. HA HA

So how does one get their mate to understand the importance of a bike helmet? I was worrying about it yesterday before I went to the park, then when I get there Kristin is all scarred up. Turns out she crashed during a race in July and was just cleared by her neurologist. so fucking scary.

I've learned to like fall better since living here in Illinois, and I think I especially like it right here in this foresty spot. We get the most amazing sounding bugs. Looking too but that's not as exciting for me.

My new favorite activity is being read to by Abbey. The Brookfield Library has a great collection of early readers from the 60's and beyond, such fabulous pictures and the stories are not watered down kid crap. The best part is that she remembers many of the hard words from the day before.

No comments: