9.05.2008

woke up to my little friend this morning. Am going to cut the inversions this time to see if that's why my normally 3 day friend hung around for like 8 last month.

So I keep doing it wrong at Abbey's school. And her teacher has this way of looking at me that makes me feel very small. I hate that feeling, and I'm not exactly sure why it is that things are so confusing there for me. The first problem was that about 10 minutes prior to the open house Abbey decided that she had to go. It was just long enough to where I didn't think I'd make her try to hold it but where to go? The entrance we were waiting by was locked, the closest other entrance was under construction and had a parent standing there telling everyone not to go that way... So I asked her for directions to the closest bathroom, she takes us all in through the scaffolding and around the barricade to the kindergarten room where I get to barge in on Abbey's new teacher ahead of time. She's flustered and gives me what for for going around the barricade, I try to apologize but really I'm just a little pissed about the whole thing. It shouldn't be so hard to find a toilet at a school. So I think she picked up on my pissiness so she clams up and gives me that look that teacher's always have, that "I'm listening to you but I know I've got you in check-mate" look. So I stop trying to explain. Abbey does her business and we try to go, but then Ella decides that she likes the looks of that toilet and should probably try it out. Finally we escape and head out, but of course we're locked in because I didn't go around the barricade...

So yesterday I go to pick Abbey up. It's raining and Ella fell asleep in the car in the 5 minutes it takes to drive over so I choose to try the car pick up line. I had warned Abbey that I might and I was early so I got the 3rd spot in line and waited. Abbey's class gets to come out first so I can see her looking around for me. I wait for a little bit but then here's where I fuck it all up, I called over to her and she came running but there's a RULE about going between the cars, which of course there is and of course it's not safe for her to do it by herself but god dammit I'm her mama and If I'm standing right here then you teacher people can back the fuck off. You know, how about a map with an arrow on it? In the welcome pack? Here's how you pick the kid up, it wouldn't be hard. Perhaps that'll be my PTA job and I've just realized that PTA stands for Pain in THE ASS.

No comments: