10.29.2009

Phew. At the very least it is over and done and I do not have to worry about it any more. I am not sure that I am ready to process just yet but I will try. I asked the cards how I should feel about it and they said death and devil reversed. So does that mean that I should change the way that I feel or that a huge change happened? I don't know.

The night started out scary, the tune that had been sent out with changes was in a different key so I just struggled with it all night. This is my greatest embarrassment I think, because the guy sent out a chart and asked everyone to know it and I didn't. Granted his chart was in the wrong key but this is something that I need to be able to do. I felt like my nerves got in the way, but I hope that by laying out I first did no harm. I guess that was my ultimate goal, I am just unable to determine if I was successful or not.

Things were moving along and I felt like I was getting into the groove on the cello a bit. I was sitting by Sonia who was incredibly positive and complimentary. At some point early on I was summoned by Corky to work out a tune for his set, which was the best and most amazing part of the evening, we did this little blues on the cello and harmonica that culminated in hi jinks and shenanigans with me getting a standing O for I think being a good sport more than anything. I was not feeling like I deserved it one little bit so I am a little mortified about it all. It was a high energy number, I'll give it that. The rest of the night went a little better until the finale where I just could not summon the correct chord to save my life. I swear, if I could have just played that one tune the whole night would have felt like a victory but as it is I am just hoping that my ineptitude didn't ruin the recording.

So much conflicting emotion this morning. Oh yeah, and while I thought I was taking it easy during my yoga practice yesterday I really did a number on my hips. Quite sore today plus I aggravated the hip pain thing so that I was having a hard time walking on it so today I will, I think, just knit and listen to some f8 records.

----------------
Listening to: The White Stripes - The Hardest Button To Button

No comments: